Interlining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlining

Hi - Don't know if you've already received this post, but my computer rebooted just after I submitted.

I'm going to cut my fabric today and am going to use interlining, my question(s) is:

Do I cut to same size of face fabric or lining? (I know how to interlock and join)
    Should I put interlining into seams (hem and side) or will this be too bulky
    Should I put it under fusible buckram, given the texture of interlining will it adhere, and again be too bulky for triple pleats.

I have made interlined curtains in the past but for the life of me can't remember how !!

Many thanks

JE

Re: Interlining

Hi Joan

The interlining should be cut to the same width of the curtain fabric and fold in at the sides with the main fabric turnings giving a nice thick edge. With regards to the hems: The interlining should have a single fold at the hem line with the main fabric folded around it - If using fusible buckram I'd put this between the lining and interlining.

If you feel your hems are too bulky you can use a single hem on the main fabric, but still fold the interlining up.
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Schuby

Many thanks for info - but are you saying re hem :-

Fold a 15cm hem and press, open - insert interlining to the crease line, then fold over forming a double hem of 7.5cms with interlining only being 7.5cm of hem rather than doubled.

Not sure if I've made myself clear?????????????????

JE

Comment

Your curtain hem will be folded at 15cm and folded again giving you a double 7.5cm hem - The interlining will be folded at 7.5cm. Fold them in together and slip stitch or herringbone.. But remember, do not sew through to the face fabric, only sew the hem line and into the hem line.

If you would like a picture of the construction of the hem, drop me a line.

hilip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Philip

I think I know what you mean but a picture would be great please.

Many thanks

JE

Comment

Hello Philip,

A picture would be good. I have always cut my interlining off at the bottom of the curtain and folded the curtain hem up. Is this wrong?

Comment

Interlining in to the hems

I have used the black marker pen lines to show the crease lines. If you are using a stiff fabric you may want to consider using a single 7.5cm fold on the curtain fabric rather than the double fold. Overlock the raw edge though.

[attachment=2:2haozguf]02.jpg[/attachment:2haozguf][attachment=1:2haozguf]03.jpg[/attachment:2haozguf][attachment=0:2haozguf]o04.jpg[/attachment:2haozguf]

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Philip

The pictures confirm how I thought it had to be done.

Many thanks again

JE

Comment

Hello Philip,

Thank you for the picture.

Comment

Working...
                  X