problem fabric =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem fabric =(

I really dont need this at the moment, after having to turn 2 pairs of curtains that were made with the wrong side as the face i really could do with things running smoothly, especially this time of year. I guess these things are sent to try our patients..........
    I have one of those annoying, frustrating fabrics that were originally made as double width fabrics, which have been cut down the middle, which then results in not being able to match the pattern on the selvedge, to take into next pattern match would mean losing about 14" which i cant afford ......argh!!!
    the trial and tribulations of a curtain lady.......sounds like a good book title....
    sharon

Re: problem fabric =(

I'd leave the choice to the client - Contact them, explain the situation and leave the decision with them to pattern match and lose 36cm or not pattern match and hide the join in a fold. Sometimes you have no alternative but to accept things as they are... We don't do miracles Sharon, so don't allow this to ruin your day.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Sharon,
      I agree with Philip, we don't do miracles, especially on Fridays. Let the client make the decision, and dont forget to charge extra because of the extra work involved (I'm more cynical on Fridays as well!)
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thanks Phillip and Pen, but maybe miracles do happen =) i contacted the shop i purchased the fabric from and straight away they offered me the extra fabric needed, the extra drops needed.....no charge!!!
        My first reaction was to let the clinet know last night about the problem with the fabric, but to be honest i was dreading that, it took forever for this fabric to be delivered, then i ordered a contrast fabric and was told they could no longer get it, managed to find a very good replacement. Client had baby 3 weeks again so i really didnt want to be giving her more bad news about this order..........i managed to sort it out without mentioning anything to her this time..............I do feel bad about how things have gone with this order so wont be charging her more, she is a repeat customer who has reffered me too so i really dont mind......
        I have collected fabric and am ready to go!!!
        Have a good weekend
        Sharon

Comment

Nice one - you too!

Sue.

Comment

It's good to know there are companies out there willing to help out!
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
            X