Measuring Bay windows for Curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Bay windows for Curtains

Can any one advise me the best way of measuring a bay window for curtains and poles?

Have done bays before but they have always been square! But not this time!!!
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Measuring Bay windows for Curtains

Hi Karen,

Would this guide to measuring bay windows be of some help to you?

http://www.northdownsironcraft.co.uk/ba ... _poles.htm

Personally, I take a rough measurement on the initial consultation, a basic over all width and drop. Once the client has accepted the quote, I ask my fitters to fit the track and give me the final mesurements. I then make up the curtains to the specification.

I am yet to measure a bay window pole such as a metropole, but I would be far happier to pay the fitter extra to measure correctly than bodge the job by not knowing exactly what I am doing !!That would be far more expensive to put right if I did get it wrong! This of course is only done once deposits are paid and the extra cost has been included into the quotation

Comment

Re: Measuring Bay windows for Curtains

Thanks Tam,

This is exactly what I did, it was more splayed than I had expected! However took rough measures and am going to go from there. Client wants a track and pelmets so that makes it a little easier than measuring for a pole. I will give her rough costs and go from there with everything now.
      Kindest Regards,
      Karen

Comment

Working...
      X