• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maisie
    Two Needles
    • Jul 2011

Hallis Hudson Rolls Value Roman Bllind kit query

I just bought some of these for the first time as an alternative to the wooden batten method.

I am surprised that the velcro is set about 2cm down on the track. Unless I put the velcro on the blind 2cm further down, it will cause the track to show. I don't usually have this problem with wooden battens and I put it right to the top.

Now I am worred that that 2cm might droop forward a bit when it is hanging. Do you think it is a good idea to put some buckram in at the very top to avoid this or am I worrying over nothing.
  • Louise
    Administrator
    • Feb 2008

Re: Hallis Hudson Rolls Value Roman Bllind kit query

I would put buckram in the top of the blind, although I have not used this particular track. It is not an expensive thing to do and would save the worry that at some point the top of the blind might droop. I think Enid once had this issue with a particular window and that's what she did.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

• janie
      Pins & Needles
      • Feb 2009

Yes I always put buckram in the top as blinds have drooped forward without it.
      On another thread I orderd stuff from Hallis yesterdsy around 4pm and it was here before 9am this morning, great service.

Janie

Comment

• helen may
        Pins & Needles
        • May 2008

Hi Maisie,
        I don't understand how the velcro can be 2 cms down on the track, do you mean 2 mm ???

Comment

• Maisie
          Two Needles
          • Jul 2011

What a twit I am! I was holding the header upside down! Do I feel daft. The velcro is now at the top.

However, now that I know others put buckram at the top of the blind I will do so too. I am often disappointed if I don't get a really crisp fold.

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

• Louise
            Administrator
            • Feb 2008

Glad it's sorted...
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

• Stitcher
              Pins & Needles
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Louise View Post
              Glad it's sorted...
              Just out of interest - what do you all think of those Value headrails from Hallis Hudson? I bought some thinking they were the same as the Compact version sold by Merrick and Day, as they worked out cheaper. Most of the components were the same but the cord reels from HH were an inferior product. I had a few clients who had problems with them snarling up and tangling. Continued winding then caused the reels to bend rendering them totally useless. Luckily Merrick and Day sell the cord reels so I was able to replace those on my remaining head rails before sending them out. When I asked HH about this I was told that the clue was in the name - value - and I should expect some of them to fail! To me value means the opposite of useless. I'll stick with Merrick and Day from now on - they may be more expensive on some things but they always resolve issues and their staff are polite and friendly.

Comment

• helen may
                Pins & Needles
                • May 2008

Hi there,
                I was given a value kit by the rep. Im afraid it was rubbish. The first cord spool that I looked at was frayed and wouldn't roll up.
                I usually get my tracks from Jones, haven't had any problems with their,s recently, and you can buy all the spools etc. separately,

Comment

• Stitcher
                  Pins & Needles
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by helen may View Post
                  Hi there,
                  I was given a value kit by the rep. Im afraid it was rubbish. The first cord spool that I looked at was frayed and wouldn't roll up.
                  I usually get my tracks from Jones, haven't had any problems with their,s recently, and you can buy all the spools etc. separately,
                  Thanks a lot, I'll give them a try. )

Comment

• Stitcher
                    Pins & Needles
                    • Apr 2012

Since I posted on these headrails I have been contacted by Hallis Hudson who were keen to resolve the issues I had. They pointed out that the product has now been refined and improved and that since introducing the improvements they have had no further problems advised. They did admit that others had had similar issues. The rep came to see me and showed me the new improved product and on the face of it it looks like they may have cracked it. They have made a few changes although the main one is the cord used and the way it is folded up for packing. It was difficult to get the kinks out which caused the tangling problems in the first place, which in turn caused the spools to bend. HH have kindly replaced my headrails so I look forward to reporting very soon the fact that there is 'nothing further to report'! )

Comment

• helen may
                      Pins & Needles
                      • May 2008

That,s very good news, we have to keep them on their toes...

Comment

Working...
                      X